Summer is just around the corner and so the new camping season is nearly upon us…
One of the things that is just as important as a good tent is a good shelter to relax and mingle in during the day time… Obviously you want to take in the sun, but equally if it becomes a bit too hot or even if it starts to rain, you need somewhere you can take cover while relaxing with your family and friends.
There are several qualities that you would want a camping gazebo shelter to have.
- It should be large enough to accommodate a decent size camping party along with equipment such as tables and chairs
- Needs to be able to protect you from the elements and be sturdy enough to withstand different types of weather
- Should be versatile to cater for a number of different scenarios
- Needs to be fairly compact and lightweight when packed away for storage and transportation
- Should be relatively easy to pitch
- And it shouldn’t cost a fortune
One such camping gazebo shelter that claims to tick all of the above boxes is the Trail Large Camping Gazebo Dome Shelter and on the face of it – it actually seems to do just that…
Available now with a saving of 45% off the RRP at £109.99 from Trail Outdoor Leisure.
Below are the key features as per the manufacturer’s website
- Dome shelter provides sensational protection from the sun and rain with waterproof taped seams, a 2000mm Hydrostatic Head and UVSPF 30+ rating
- Perfect for the garden, beach, camping and outdoor events with a 12.25m² (approx.) interior to accommodate trestle tables, picnic tables and more
- Fast and easy to pitch with a lightweight fibreglass frame, 4 reinforced guy rope points and additional peg points for maximum stability and wind-resistance
- Shelter features 4 removable side walls to open it up completely and 4 mesh sunshade panels to allow air to circulate whilst shielding you from strong sunlight
- Event shelter measures W3.5m x D3.5m x H2.3m when pitched and features a roof vent, lantern hook, and heavy-duty bag to easily store and carry
4 Removable Walls
Whereas most event shelters have two removable side panels, this shelter has four.
Simply unzip all four sides to open the shelter completely, allow air to circulate more freely, and provide all-round access during large celebrations and events.
Discreet integrated pockets allow you to conveniently store the side panels away when removed.
4 Removable Sunshades
Each side wall features a zipped sunshade panel in the centre.
Simply unzip and remove the sunshade panels to reveal a fine mesh inner material which is designed to allow natural light into the tent whilst shielding you from strong glare and ultraviolet rays.
It also helps to keep insects at bay if you’re dining inside the shelter with friends and family.
The outdoor shelter measures approximately 12.25m² to accommodate a barbecue, picnic table or trestle tables.
Transform it into a sun shelter when you’re down by the beach, or a communal dining area when you’re camping.
The addition of a hook allows you to hang a lantern and enjoy it long into the night.
2 Walls Up
Protects you from strong sunlight, but still allows a nice breeze in.
3 Walls Up
Keep three walls zipped up to transform the shelter into a tent and increase the level of warmth inside it.
4 Walls Up
If you’re dining inside the shelter and the temperature drops, add all four panels to keep it warm and cosy.
No Walls Up
Remove all four walls to open it up completely on sunny days and provide easier access during busy events.
A heavy-duty bag allows you to easily store and carry the shelter on beach trips and camping adventures.
Packed away it measures 65x19x19cm and weighs just 7.5kg.
- Come rain or shine, the shelter delivers a high level of protection.
- Made from 190T polyester with a PU coating, it features waterproof taped seams and a Hydrostatic Head of 2000mm for ultimate rain protection.
- The material is rated UVSPF 30+ to provide superior protection from the sun’s damaging UV rays.
- A vent on the roof of the shelter helps to aid air flow and prevent the interior getting stuffy.
- Integrated pockets allow you to easily store the side panels and sunshade panels when removed.
Strong & Sturdy Construction
- The shelter has been designed with strength and stability in mind.
- Its sturdy frame can be pitched in minutes, thanks to six lightweight fibreglass poles and sleeves to seamlessly thread them into.
Reinforced Guy Rope Points
- Integrated guy ropes with extra-tough connectors provide superior stability and wind-resistance.
Extra Peg Points
- The shelter features extra peg points on all four sides to peg it down even more securely.
All in all the Trail Large Camping Gazebo Dome Shelter looks like a fantastic, versatile and well-designed camping gazebo shelter that should suit a variety of needs and occasions and certainly won’t break the bank.
It’s available now with a saving of 45% off the RRP at £109.99 from Trail Outdoor Leisure.
I hope you’ve found this review useful.
If you have any questions or comments, then please leave them below and I’ll get back to you as soon as I can.