|Product||Cycplus Electric Air Pump A8|
|Design||High Performance Electric Air Pump A8|
|Max Inflation Pressure||150 PSI|
|Dimensions||36 x 64 x 172.9mm|
Gone are the days of pumping away with your foot to inflate a tyre – with the new generation of electric air pumps, you can sit back and let the pump itself do the work for you… that is unless, you’re a glutton for punishment or are looking for new and innovative ways to do a workout, in which case you may want to stick to your old hand pump…
I’m going to be taking a look at the Cycplus High Performance Electric Air Pump A8 to see if this innovative device is worth investing in.
Table of Contents
- Key Features
The Cycplus Electric Air Pump A8 can be used to inflate any inflatable tyre – from bicycles to cars and anything in between.
In fact it can also be used to inflate other inflatables, such as footballs too.
However, Cycplus have said that it won’t be able to handle large vehicles such as trucks, vans or buses in addition to not being suitable for items like air beds, air mattresses or inflatable boats.
It can inflate up to a maximum pressure of 150psi and has a rechargeable battery to power it.
- Length: 172.9mm
- Width: 65mm
- Thickness: 36mm
- Weight (Body including battery): 461g
- Double structure aluminum alloy shell
- 2600mAh Built-in Lithium Battery
- PSI, BAR
- 1 Year warranty
In The Box
- A8 Inflator
- Drawstring Bag
- Type-C Charging Cable
- Air Tube
- Ball inflating Converter
- Presta Valve Converter
- User Manual
Fit & Finish
The A8 is sits in the hand very comfortably… measuring just under 173mm long, 65mm wide and 36mm thick, it’s fairly compact and can easily be stored in a backpack or car glove compartment.
It looks quite stylish too – with a matt finish, rounded edges and is available in 3 colours
At the top of the pump is the attachment for the air tube and the LED flashlight, while at the bottom is the USB-C charging port.
The operating buttons and LED screen are located on the front side of the device.
There are 5 intelligent modes that have common preset air pressures for
- custom (can be set to desired pressure)
|Mode||Reference pressure||Time from empty||Frequency from empty|
|Car||2.3-2.5 bar||8-12 minutes||2-3
|Road Bike||100-120psi||2-3 minutes||8-12
|Mountain Bike||30-50psi||2-3 minutes||12-18
- Long pressing the power button turns the power on.
- You can choose one of the preset modes or you can adjust the target pressure manually.
- To adjust the pressure manually, the +/- buttons should be pressed until the desire pressure is reached.
- The air tube should be attached to the pump before is attached to the tyre.
- If it the air tube is attached to the tyre before it is attached to the pump, then air will be rapidly released from the tyre – this can be useful if you want to deflate a tyre deliberately.
- Once the air tube is attached to the pump and the tyre – the LED display will show the current pressure of the tyre.
- To inflate to the desired pressure that you have already preset – press the power button once and inflation will start.
- The pump will automatically switch off once the target pressure has been reached.
|Buttons (see image below)||Press||Long press|
|Power button||Start/Stop inflating||Turn power on/off|
|Unit button||Choose mode||Choose unit|
|Light switch||Turn on/off light|
|+ button||Increase pressure||Quick increase|
|- button||Decrease pressure||Quick decrease|
Charging occurs via the USB-C port that is located at the base of the pump.
There is a charging indicator located next to the charging port – this will turn red when charging and green once fully charged.
The A8 should be fully charged before using it for the first time and it takes 2 hours to fully charge it from flat.
It should also be charged every 2 months if it hasn’t been used during this time to prevent damage to the battery by over-discharging.
The LED flashlight is a very useful feature… it is positioned in such a way as to provide light onto the tyre valve, so that if you are pumping up the tyre in the dark, you can see what you are doing.
The Cycplus Electric Air PumpA8 is a very useful tool that takes all the hard work out of inflating tyres.
The different adapters makes it extremely versatile and it’s compact and light enough to carry in a backpack or leave in the glove compartment of your car, although it would be a bit too heavy for your pocket…
The one slight downside is that Cycplus only offer a 12 month warranty, slightly longer would have been nicer… but all in all, a great electric air pump.
You can pick yours up from Cyclpus today.
You can read more reviews from The Camping Equipment here.
I hope you’ve found this review useful. If you have any questions or comments, then please leave them below and I’ll get back to you as soon as I can.
We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post via affiliate links to products or services associated with content in this article. We may also receive free products for reviewing, all reviews are carried out honestly and in an unbiased fashion. Click here for our Affiliate Disclosure.
Cycplus Electric Air Pump A8£54.35
- Clear LED screen showing digital pressure reading
- LED light makes it very practical to use at night
- Excellent long lasting battery
- Easy to stow in backpack or car glove box
- Only a 1 year warranty