|Olight Array 2S
|Length 61mm, Width 31mm, Height 24.5mm
ON SALE 25% OFF FROM 00.00 26/12/21 - 23.59 29/12/21
The upgraded Array 2S headlamp boasts improved optics and more powerful LEDs for an overall better performance… let’s see if it stands up to the claims.
Table of Contents
- Key Features
- Exclusive Discount Code
The Array 2S comes with a CSP LED paired with a TIR optic lens, generating a max output of 1000 lumens and a max throw of 140m.
It is powered by a customized 2600mAh battery, giving a maximum run time of 30 hours.
Charging is via a type-c USB charging port.
|FLOOD + SPOT
|13 hours 30 mins
|6 hours 30 mins
|5 hours 30 mins
|8 hours 30 mins
- High Performance White LEDs High Performance Red LED
- Length (Headlamp): 2.4in/61mm
- Width (Headlamp): 1.22in/31mm
- Height (Headlamp): 0.96in/24.5mm
- Weight (Including battery pack and headband): 4.62oz/131g
- Alluminium Alloy
- Customized 2600mAh Rechargeable Lithium Battery (included)
- IPX4 (protection against splashing water)
- Olight’s 2 Year warranty
In The Box
- Array 2S (Headband & Battery Pack Included)
- USB A-C Charging Cable
- User Manual
The Array 2S has 3 LEDs – spot, floodlight and red. These can be used as flood and spot together, flood alone or red alone.
The beam qualities of all 3 are excellent with good throw and also providing a good flood to view near objects, with no harsh transitions.
It’s very useful having the spot LED for focussing on a particular object… and having the red light is great for maintaining night vision.
It would have been useful to have a moonlight mode… personally I find moonlight mode very useful for use in a closed space such as a tent.
Charging occurs directly into the battery pack via a standard USB-C charging cable that can be attached to any standard USB charger (plug or portable battery charger)
The battery pack has a light indicator that shows the level of charge remaining – or, when charging, the level until fully charged.
It takes 4.5 hours to charge the battery from flat.
Power Button & Modes
The power button is located at the top of the headlamp and operates as follows:
- Single press – on/off – with last mode memory
- Whilst on – double clicking, cycles between the modes (flood – flood+spot – red)
- Whilst on – holding the power button down cycles between the brightness levels within mode that is active (low – mid – high)
- Triple clicking whilst on or off activates the SOS mode
- Whilst off – holding the power button for 1s or more activates the lockout feature (1s)
The modes can also be operated by the sensor, which detects hand movements and operates as follows:
- Waving your hand left or right – switches between flood and flood+spot
- Waving up – increases the brightness level
- Waving down – decreases the brightness level
I found the sensor to be a bit hit and miss… several times, I moved my hand to adjust my hat and the sensor was activated. I think it would be useful if there was a way to switch it off.
The headband was very comfortable to wear and didn’t feel overly weighted at the back where the battery pack is located.
The band is adjustable and should easily fit most adult heads, even if worn over a woolie hat.
The headlamp rotates to allow the light to be angled through 90 degrees.
Conclusion & Exclusive Offer
When looking for a head torch, you want it to offer enough light to cater for the majority of situations that life might throw your way and enough battery power to last long enough before needing a recharge… but at the same time not to be too heavy or unbalanced.
The Olight Array 2S seems to tick all these boxes.
There are a few aspects that I think could be improved, one being the sensor… for me it’s too sensitive and easily activated when you don’t want it to.
The second is that I think it would benefit from a moonlight mode (1 lumen), I always find that a useful feature.
But overall the Olight Array 2S is a very good head torch and I’ll certainly be taking it with me on my next camping trip.
Exclusive Discount Code
You can get an extra 10% off all Olight products today, simply use ‘campequip10’ at checkout to get your 10% discount on any Olight product.
It’s available from Olight UK.
You can read more torch reviews by The Camping Equipment here.
I hope you’ve found this review useful.
If you have any questions or comments, then please leave them below and I’ll get back to you as soon as I can.