|Olight Freyr Multi Coloured LED Torch
|Tactical EDC torch
|Length 136mm, Head Diameter 40.5mm, Body Diameter 25.6mm
Olight have just released a new light – the Freyr Multi Coloured LED Torch – a tactical light with RGB lights in addition to the white.
Here’s a detailed review.
The Olight Freyr is a multicoloured tactical torch with a maximum output of 1750 Lumens and a 360 meters throw.
The included traffic wand allows it to be used for directing traffic or signaling – giving it additional functionality.
Weighing 202g with a length of 136mm – it’s compact and light enough to carry around as an EDC.
Level 1 will run at 1750 lumens for 2 minutes before stepping down to 850 lumens for a further 150 minutes and then down to 300 lumens for an additional 28 minutes.
- High Performance Cool White LED
- High Efficiency 635nm Red LED
- High Efficiency 515nm Green LED
- High Efficiency 470nm Blue LED
- Length: 5.35in/136mm
- Head Diameter: 1.59in/40.5mm
- Body Diameter: 1.01in/25.6mm
- Weight 7.13oz/202g (Including Battery and Pocket Clip)
- Aluminum Alloy
- Customized 5000mAh 3.6V 21700 Rechargeable Lithium-ion Battery
- IPX8 (suitable for continuous immersion in water down to a depth of 2m)
- Olight’s 5 Year warranty
In The Box
- Freyr Torch (Battery Included)
- MCC3 Magnetic USB Charging Cable
- Silicone Traffic Wand
- Pocket Clip
- User Manual
The Freyr uses four LED lights – white, red, green and blue.
The white LED produces a very balanced and even beam – giving a good throw to allow distance objects to be seen clearly and a good flood to allow near objects and their surroundings to be seen clearly too.
The red, green and blue LEDs are useful for a variety of situations – from preserving night vision to signaling (for which there is a useful traffic wand that can be attached to the top of the torch to cover the lens.
Charging is via the MCC3 magnetic charging cable, which has a standard USB on the other end that can be used with a USB plug or portable battery.
There is a charging light that lights up red when charging and green once fully charged.
Full Charging from flat takes 5 hours.
The Freyr can be operated using the tail switch and the side switch.
- Tail Switch
- Single press turns the torch on or off.
- Half press to activate low white light (mode 2) and full press to activate high white light (mode 1).
- Side Switch
- Single click of the side switch turns the torch on and off.
- Pressing and holding the side switch while the torch is on will cycle between the three coloured lights and the white moonlight mode.
- Quickly double-clicking the side switch activates the high white light (mode 1).
- Strobe function is activated by triple-clicking the side switch.
- Pressing and holding the side switch while the light is off locks the torch – re-pressing and holding unlocks it.
Low Battery Indicator
There is a battery level indicator located on the power button, which lights up when the torch is powered on as follows:
- Green: >75% battery power
- Orange: 30-75% battery power
- Red: 10-30% battery power
- Blinking Red: <10% battery power
While using moonlight mode, the battery indicator will only display when the battery level is below 10%.
The Freyr features an intelligent proximity sensor that causes the output to dim automatically when it detects an obstruction nearby.
There is a detachable dual-sided metal clip that can be used to attach the torch to items such as a belt or rucksack.
The body of the torch has a textured pattern that gives a firm grip and prevents slipping even when wet.
The Freyr Multi Coloured LED is an interesting new torch by Olight.
It’s light and compact enough to be used as an EDC and the three coloured LEDs make it very versatile – enabling it to be used in many different situations.
All-in-all a great all round torch.
The Freyr Multi Coloured LED is available from Olight UK.
I hope you’ve found this review useful.
If you have any questions or comments, then please leave them below and I’ll get back to you as soon as I can.